January 29, 2008

What is Story Cottage About? Part 1

Do we really need another blog? Probably not, but I am plowing ahead any way. For more than 10 years I have tried to work through some ideas for a website and I finally decided that I should at least try out a portion of the concept in one form or another to see if anyone really cares enough to warrant a whole site. Hence, this blog.

Besides that, this gives me a forum to work through some of my thoughts, regardless of the interest others may share.

What is this going to be about, you ask. Well, in a nutshell, stories, characters in stories and the people who create these stories. Mostly stories that originate in books or fiction, but some from TV, movies and other mediums. I'll look at same story in print, film and other formats. We'll discuss the people who write, direct and act in these stories. In essence, those who tell the stories. Sometimes it may be a type of review, other times just a list.

I am sure you can find most of what I present here on other sites, such as IMDB, Wikipeida and Amazon, but perhaps not brought together in this way. I will give you links to follow and make your own connections.

My hope is that you may pick up a book or watch a movie that you either forgot about, or that you hadn't ever seen and perhaps share your thoughts as well. In some instances, I plan on giving links to products if you want to get any of them for yourself or as a gift for someone you know.

I don't pretend to be an expert in much of anything, and I know I definitely don't have the corner on opinions. I welcome any other perspectives.

What is my background that leads me to even want to do this? Well, I will tackle that next time..

No comments: